top of page

Day 6 - London/Amsterdam

Gooooodbye London, Hellooooo Amsterdam!

We woke up this morning, packed our suitcases and sped off to catch our 1PM flight out of Luton - about an hour and a half away from our hotel.

We left the hotel at 10:30 thinking that would give us plenty of time for travel, get through security and a quick stop for a bite to eat - boy were we wrong. Our train arrived at Luton Airport Parkway around noon - which would give us an hour to figure it out. Not freaking out just yet! We hopped on the bus to take to the actual airport and once arrived it seemed real easy to find our way around. The problem was I didn't have our boarding passes and no WiFi to try and access them through my email.

Okayy, clock is ticking but no big deal, we'll print them up quick and make our way through security. It was not quick....The nice man behind the counter took forever and a day to print our passes and the security line was moving slow. They made me remove all my liquids before it went through the scanner even though it was the correct travel amount and put it into one of their plastic bags - okay, sure. Now I'm sweating, visibly. I have on a turtleneck, shacket, carrying trench coat, scarf and neck pillow, lugging my carry on and travel backpack. Let me unpack all these things to get my one tube of liquid foundation and hand lotion. There was a lot going on and we're trying to move fast. Sam went to another lane and I lost him.

I get through security and I'm getting all my things in order looking around for Sam. He's standing at the end with someone removing everything from his bags and inspecting alllll the crevices. I don't know if the laptop, chargers, GoPro and GoPro equipment gave them a red flag but we had only 20

minutes to find our gate and our flight was actively boarding.

Sam said go and I'll catch up.

So I am running through the airport like an idiot tourist, aspirating from the cardio and sweating like a sinner in church and I manage to get to the gate. It's empty but the door is still open and there's someone at the podium. I MADE IT! But please my husband is right behind me, he's coming! Call him, we need to close the gate. 2 minutes later Sam, wheezing and red, shows up. THANK YOU JESUS.

Quite a dramatic afternoon, but we finally arrived at the hotel! We were starving with not a morsel of food all day, so we ordered UberEats and then took ourselves to the amazing hot tubs set on the river to wind down. A couple glasses of red wine and Heineken and the stress of the day quickly melted away.

Tomorrow, we take on Amsterdam. After today, I say bring it on baby!

Until tomorrow my dears, happy travels!



Hi! I'm Keely!

Hailing from a small town in the smallest state, my husband Sam and I quit our 9-5 jobs and decided to follow our dream to see the world! We love to find hidden gems, eat delicious food and stretch our dollar (euro/yen/whatever!) so we can indulge on unforgettable experiences. Come down the rabbit hole with us!

bottom of page